With Mother's Day quickly approaching, I was reflecting on the best ways to show appreciation for all of the things my mom does for me. She isn't a girly-girl, she doesn't wear jewelry, and she doesn't collect precious porcelain figurines, so what can I give the woman who works tirelessly to give me the beautiful life that I enjoy every day?…the gift of doing nothing! Here are my top 9 ideas for relaxation-encouraging DIY gifts for mom this Mother's Day.
2. Does your mom like to unwind with a glass of wine? Pick up a bottle of her favorite vintage and personalize a set of DIY wine glasses just for her.
3. Unwind with mom by taking her to a yoga class (or keep it budget friendly by finding a quiet spot at home to learn a few new poses!). Tie a bow around a pretty new yoga mat and create a water bottle with your favorite family photos to keep her hydrated during her workout.
4. Schedule a massage for your mom at a local spa. Keep that pampered spa feeling alive with some DIY bath fizzies.
5. Pick up a box of mom's favorite coffee or tea and create a mug with your own cute mug on it.
6. Grab a dvd that mom missed when it was out in theaters (or keep it budget friendly by watching an old favorite!) and whip up one of these popcorn recipes to enjoy while you watch.
7. Is your mom always on the go? Customize a phone case and grab a car charger for her phone so that she can always stay connected.
8. Treat mom to a pedicure (or keep it budget friendly by pulling out your own nail polish and spoil her yourself!) and a pair of pretty DIY flip flops so she can show off her pretty pampered tootsies.
9. One thing all moms have in common is the love they have for their families. You can never go wrong with a classic photo book that your mom will be able to show off for years to come.
Of course, one day a year could never be enough to celebrate the women that gave us the gift of life and provide us with unconditional love for our entire lives. Make sure to appreciate your mom every day of the year, not just on Mother's Day. And don't forget about the other amazing women in your life, either! Have you already planned out your Mother's Day gift? Will you use one of these ideas? Leave a comment and let me know!